As part of our 11-month implementation plan, we are tasked with exploring expansion of the current transit system into Meadows Valley.
As an expansive community, we know that public transit is a key to our area’s growth and sustainability. People in our area currently use and will use public transit for:
- Medical Appointments
- Recreation / Tourism
- Exploring Entrepreneur Opportunities
- Expanding horizons
Riders in our area are diverse and come from several socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, with varying abilities.
During our first meeting we identified additional stake holders that should be at the table. Potential or Current Partners in this particular implementation:
- Adams County Health Center
- St Lukes Hospitals & Clinics
- New Meadows, McCall, Cascade and Council Senior Centers
- Adams County Courthouse
- McCall Area Chamber of Commerce & Vistor’s Bureau
- City’s of New Meadows, Cascade, McCall, Donnelly and Council
- Adams and Valley Counties
- Employers in both Adams and Valley Counties
- Treasure Valley Transit (Mountain Community Transit)
- Major Employers like:
- St Lukes Hospital & Clinics
- Brundage Mountain Resort
- Tamarack Resort
- Family Dollar – New Meadows & Cascade
- Adams County
- Valley County
- City of McCall
- Meadows Valley School District
- McCall-Donnelly School District
- Cascade School District
- Council School District
- Albertsons Grocery Store
- Ridley’s Market
- Tamarack Energy
- Evergreen Forest Products
- US Forest Service
What are our next steps with this initiative?
- Public Outreach for needs assessment
- We are currently developing a survey that will be sent out electronically as well as in person to potential stakeholders.
- Explore Grant Funding opportunities
- Treasure Valley Transit will be applying for funding this fall that will help to offset operational and capital costs of a new line to include Meadows Valley.
- Explore grant match funding – Cities, Counties, State of Idaho, Major Employers, Private Donors.
- Explore Sustainable Funding – Idaho is one of only two states in which Public Transit is NOT publically funded at the state level.
- Implement route
- Develop route to include Meadows Valley and possibly include all population centers in Adams County
If you represent any of the above mentioned entities, employers or are a potential rider, we would appreciate having you on our team! Email one of us below to see how you might be able to help!
Mac Qualls – City Clerk / Treasurer – City of New Meadows (email@example.com)
Steve Berry – Business Owner – Battery Universe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nicole Musgrove – Manager – McCall Chamber of Commerce (email@example.com)
Rob Terry – Mayor – City of Cascade (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Terri Lindenberg – Executive Director – Treasure Valley Transit (email@example.com)
Steven Hackler – Operations Manager for Mountain Community Transit